Knowing how to save SHSH blobs can help you restore your device using iTunes and downgrade it to its lower version. The process of backing up your files can be very easy and it usually takes a few minutes to perform. Just follow the steps below to successfully perform the process:
- The first thing that you need to do is to simply go to the Firmware Umbrella website and download the TinyUmbrella software. You just need to click on the download link and save it on your desktop.
- Get a USB cable and have your Apple device connected to your computer.
- Go to the executable file, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator in the menu. In case you get Windows Security alert, just click on allow Umbrella to communicate and the “Allow Access” button.
- Look at the left pane and once you see the list of connected devices just click on your Apple device.
- You may then click on “Save SHSH” to save SHSH blobs.
Once you have successfully performed the process you will be guaranteed that your device is eligible to run a lower firmware version and that you can return it to the firmware where jailbreak is possible. The saved handshake or SHSH blob can be used to install the correct firmware therefore it allows you to modify your device.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting process can be made almost effortlessly just as long as you properly follow the steps. If you have a jailbroken device and you want to find out if your SHSH has already been saved by Cydia you may tap the Cydia tab, look at the top of the page that says Home and see if “SHSH” with a sequence of firmware versions are displayed.